OpenConcept has experience serving national labour unions and regional locals across Canada. We have supported union in providing user/content support, technical support, customized bilingual content management systems as well as server admin support over the years. Our staff also has personal experience as union members and within a local's executive. We have a good understanding of the needs of unions in Canada and look forward to opportunities to support this important social movement.
- Are you looking to organize communication with your membership?
- Is your local preparing to go on strike?
- Do you need a way to organize communication away from the prying eyes of management?
- Need an easy way to manage participation in upcoming events?
- Want a new website to allow you to interact more with your members
If you want to know more, talk to us about how we can help to:
- Set up your membership in CiviCRM
- Create newsfeeds for your site so that your members can get the highlights from you easily.
- Provide either eNewsletters or traditional mailing lists for email communications
- Create a Yahoo Groups type interface for your union to communicate internally
- Set up permissions structures so that you can keep managment in the dark
- Add on blogs so that your members can share their experiences
- Allow members to share files
- Create a community wiki to facilitate communications
Let us know, we can help!
About The Author
Mike Gifford is the founder of OpenConcept Consulting Inc, which he started in 1999. Since then, he has been particularly active in developing and extending open source content management systems to allow people to get closer to their content. Before starting OpenConcept, Mike had worked for a number of national NGOs including Oxfam Canada and Friends of the Earth.