OpenConcept is a leading Drupal development shop, passionate about web accessibility and security. We participate in shaping the Drupal platform by actively reporting and fixing issues, speaking at events and engaging with other community leaders. Our experience working with socially progressive organizations has built our international reputation as experts working to forge a better world.
OpenConcept is also a relaxed, fun and open work environment where we make sure you feel you belong.
Current positions available
We are looking for a full-time, hands-on DevOps Lead responsible for supporting LAMP web applications that run in AWS Cloud. The successful candidate will be a highly communicative team player that is extremely comfortable with supporting a small tactical development team as they deliver their web application releases.
- Responsible for providing server administration, Internet/network configuration, backups, software installations, upgrades, security, monitoring, performance, configuration management, and support for development projects and teams.
- Responsible for VOIP administration
- Supporting high-profile LAMP applications
- Troubleshooting server and application problems
- Back-end development, including data migration planning and implementation, Drupal upgrades and systems integration with Drupal
- Professional communication skills
- 1+ years of experience in DevOps
- 2+ years of supporting LAMP applications
- 1+ years of supporting Drupal applications
- 1+ years managing MySQL
- 3+ years of authoring Linux shell scripts
- 1+ years of deploying LAMP applications in a cloud environment
- 1+ years of working with GitHub repositories
- 2+ years experience in PHP
- Experience with setup and management of Apache Solr
- Experience with Memcached
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Must be knowledgeable in Drupal security and best practices, automation tools such as Puppet, and related DevOps processes.
- Experience in site building strategies; custom module development; code reviews; site audits; systems integration; and in general processes and disciplines related to web-based technologies for content management, document management, usability analysis, customer relationship management, database management, data mining, mobile applications, web trend analysis, search, and related technologies.
- Experience supporting high performance sites using Content Delivery Networks
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent years of work experience)
- Experience working in teams using Agile
- Experience in installing and maintaining web applications and the Drupal platform in multiple environments with internal and external hosting providers with server operating systems including Unix, Linux, and/or Windows; web server software including Apache, Nginx, and/or IIS; database software including MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and/or Oracle; and related software infrastructure and applications.
How to impress us?
Yes, we’d love to read your outstanding covering letter and to learn about your achievements. Send us your resume and three current professional references. If possible and/or applicable, include some examples of your work.
Participation in Open-source communities is important to us. If you have an account on Drupal.org or GitHub.org, please send us the links.
Email your application to email@example.com (PDF format preferred).