OpenConcept is a leading Drupal development shop, passionate about web accessibility and security. We participate in shaping the Drupal platform by actively reporting and fixing issues, speaking at events and engaging with other community leaders. Our experience working with socially progressive organizations has built our international reputation as experts working to forge a better world.
We strive to create a relaxed, fun and open work environment. We are a Certified B Corporation and are a “not-only-for-profit” company.
Current position(s) available
Drupal Web Developer
Apply now! We are actively looking for new recruits.
We are OpenConcept Consulting Inc., an Ottawa-based team of web development consultants specializing in Drupal, and the global leaders in web accessibility and security. Operating in the not for profit, private and public sectors, our portfolio includes, but is not limited to, large interactive sites like Ottawa.ca, continue.uottawa.ca, CUPE.ca and CSCB.ca.
We aim to use business as a force for good. Our mission is to be a “not-only-for-profit” company that strives to change the world by making the internet a more safe and accessible place. As a Certified B Corporation, we’re as serious about this mission as we are about the way we work - it fuels our continuous drive towards strengthening our impact on the world.
- A web developer with a passion for and working knowledge of open source software
- Interested and active in the Drupal community
- Interested in contributing to a small company where your efforts are valued and appreciated by the team
- Eager to learn, experience, stay ahead of and influence the internet
- A critical thinker with the ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure
- Confident in your interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in teams
- Competent in time-tracking and estimate-creation
As a developer on our team you will:
- Contribute to project work: setting up new sites in Drupal 7/8, installing/configuring modules, setting permissions, creating menus, blocks, taxonomies, fields, and views
- Support existing Drupal 7/8 sites, responding to client requests and issues
- Troubleshoot problems with live sites and production environments
- Theme Drupal sites – minor design work, implement professional design, implement CSS
- Interacting with MySQL databases and Git version control
- Communicate directly with clients about development work
- Work within a team approach to development
- Participate in the community – through Drupal.org and by attending Drupal events
- Submit bugs & patches to open-source projects
Working At OpenConcept Consulting
Office Life: Our laid-back office resides in a Chinatown house with lots of natural light, easy access to transit, and great restaurants within walking distance. A casual environment that supports inclusion and a sense of community, we participate in a shared lunch daily so you can get to know your co-workers better.
Work/Life Balance: Our work schedule is flexible -we have core work hours from 10:00am to 3:30pm. Some come earlier and others stay later. Staff are encouraged to work from home from time to time if it helps project delivery.
Compensation & Benefits: This full-time job starts at $25/hour. In addition, we provide money for you to purchase your own computer, a health plan and some cost-coverage for professional development courses and conferences.
How to Apply
We look forward to reading all about your achievements and why you’d make a strong fit for OpenConcept. Please send your resume (in PDF or EPUB format) and three current professional references to email@example.com. We will review applications as they are received. Brownie points: If possible, include some samples of your work.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know how.