The Drupal North Code Sprint
The inaugral Drupal North Regional Summit was a blast!
The official Drupal North sprint was held on Sunday, June 28th, starting around 10am and ending at 4pm, in Ryerson University's Rogers Communication Centre Transmedia Zone. 21 attendees showed up from all over Canada, the United States, and even Costa Rica:
- Adam White from Upper Rapids,
- Alberto Rojas from Manatí,
- Chris Luckhardt,
- Claire Desbois from Floe design + technologies,
- Eric Jenkins from Digital Bridge Solutions,
- Jean-François Bohémier,
- Jeremy Knab,
- Jose Eduardo García Torres from Anexus IT,
- Kevin Newman from Digital Echidna,
- Martin Anderson-Clutz,
- mathieuhelie from Floe design + technologies,
- Matthew Ramir from Digital Bridge Solutions,
- Michael Gossmann from Digital Echidna,
- Nik Alexandrov,
- Pierre Buyle from Floe design + technologies,
- Ryan Weal from Kafei Interactive Inc.,
- Sabine Séguin from Floe design + technologies,
- Scott "Cottser" Reeves from Digital Echidna,
- Tony Nash,
- Trevor Kjorlien from Floe design + technologies, and,
- yours truly from OpenConcept Consulting.
After everyone introduced themselves, Cottser and I gave an introduction to writing patches, and how issues move through the issue queue from "Active" to "Closed" (video to follow).
- #2358319: Alt tag missing on user images
- #2426579: Change method name for pgsql driver's ensureIdentifiersLength() to accurately describe what the method is doing
- #2501701: Remove SafeMarkup::set in template_preprocess_color_scheme_form()
- #2501757: Remove SafeMarkup::set in NodeSearch::prepareResults()
- #2508637: Changing password should invalidate all other sessions
- #2510348: Datetime select list widget has options for time interval on date only mode
- #2512466: Config translation needs to be validated on input for XSS (like other t string input)
- #2512468: Clean up margins and paddings rules for indented comments
- #2513560: JSDoc file module
At time-of-writing, 2 of these issues are fixed, and 5 more need review.
Overall, we had a great time and learned a lot! Thanks to everyone who came out, and to the DrupalNorth organizers for organizing everything!