OpenConcept is an award-winning Drupal Development shop with nearly two decades of experience in the architecture of secure, scalable, inclusive and sustainable solutions for the non-for-profit, public and private sectors. We are a Certified B Corporation, with a “not-only-for-profit” mission that strives to change the world by making the internet a more safe and accessible place. We are passionate about web accessibility and security and participate in shaping the Drupal platform by actively reporting and fixing issues, speaking at events and engaging with other community leaders. Our experience working with socially progressive organizations has built our international reputation as experts working to forge a better world.
Current position(s) available
OpenConcept is an innovative web-development consultancy based in Ottawa, Ontario with nearly two decades of experience in the architecture of secure, scalable, inclusive and sustainable solutions for the non-for-profit, public and private sectors. We are a certified B Corporation, with a “not-only-for-profit” mission that strives to change the world by making the internet a more safe and accessible place.
OpenConcept is actively looking for a Web Developer. This individual will be largely responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionalities, managing all technical aspects of the CMS, and insuring an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation of the solution.
- Cooperate with the team to develop, test, deploy and support ongoing projects;
- Make key contributions to project work:
- Setting up new sites in Drupal 8;
- Installing/configuring/developing modules;
- Setting permissions and roles;
- Integrate open source and third party applications into existing systems
- Turn design and user interface mockups into functional, responsive websites
- Troubleshoot live sites and production environments
- Conduct performance testing, including user acceptance and accessibility testing, and develop functional tests and plans as required
- Respond to end-user support needs and perform troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Produce developer-level documentation (technical requirements and solution)
- MySQL database administration, query development and reporting
- Aim for high quality and swift output employing the Agile methodology
- Assist in task generation, estimate creation and project planning
- Provide counsel to other team members as necessary.
- A minimum of 1 years of experience specializing in Drupal CMS Development
- Experience with Drupal including modules such as ctools, Views, and Panels
- Understanding of CSS3 & SASS for consistent styling across platforms and browsers
- Interacting with MySQL databases and Git version control
- Capacity for critical thinking - devising unique ways to meet requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Experience with responsive and accessible development
- Ability to prioritize and manage the responsibilities of several projects/tasks concurrently
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in teams
- Good time management skills
- Ability to communicate directly with non-technical clients about technical issues
- Detail-oriented, diligent about documentation and logging time
- Passion for open source software
- Involvement in the Drupal community
- Experience with EC2 and other Amazon Web Services
- Eager to learn, stay ahead of and influence internet technologies
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Bilingualism (English and French)
Working At OpenConcept
In 2017, OpenConcept received an award from B Lab's as being in the top 10% of B Corps who had a Positive Employee Impact. We were recognized as being one of the Best for the Workers in a list of companies that has spent the last decade striving to meet the triple-bottom-line (people, planet & profit). We strive to build a strong community that allows our team to bring their whole self to the office.
Environmental issues are important to our team and we strive to reduce our ecological footprint in our work. We partner with Bullfrog Power and have recently moved our hosting to a carbon-neutral data centre.
Office Life: Our laid-back office resides in a Chinatown house with easy access to transit and great restaurants within walking distance. A casual environment that supports inclusion and a sense of community, we participate in a daily shared (company-paid) lunch so you can get to know your co-workers better.
Work/Life Balance: Our work schedule is flexible -we have core work hours from 10:00am to 3:30pm. Some come earlier and others stay later.
Open-source progression opportunities: Participate in the Drupal community through Drupal.org and through attendance of Drupal events and submit bugs and patches to open-source projects
How to Apply
We look forward to reading all about your achievements and why you’d be a strong fit for OpenConcept Consulting Inc.
We look forward to reading all about your achievements and why you would make a strong fit for OpenConcept. Please send one PDF file that includes your cover letter (max one page) and resume (max two pages) to email@example.com. We will review applications as they are received.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know how.