CodeFest is the annual conference of the Web Experience Toolkit community. It is our chance to get together and meet face-to-face, as well as to share our knowledge and expertise and promote the Toolkit as the foundation for innovative and user-centered web solutions.
With the support of Service Canada (SC), Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be hosting the 4th annual CodeFest in 2016. CodeFest will take place from February 18 to 19 at the University of Ottawa.
More on CodeFest can be found on the event website at https://wet-boew.github.io/codefest/index-en.html
The full list of sessions can be found at https://wet-boew.github.io/codefest/sessions-en.html
OpenConcept's President will be presenting the following two sessions:
- Open Collaboration & Innovation: Open standards, open source, open data, open government, open dialog are moving to becoming a reality with the open web. This represents a real shift toward transparency that allows citizens to become engaged and can empower civil servants.
- Web Accessibility, ATAG & Drupal 8: Drupal 8 was released in December and it provides by default accessibility that is head & shoulders above any other CMS. For the last 8 years we have been working on implementing defaults that are good for everyone. This is only possible if you think about the system that your website lives in.
- Pierre Dubois, Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED)
- Mario Garneau, Shared Services Canada (SSC)
- Rabab Gomaa, Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Maxim Martel, Service Canada (SC)
- Emily Mayhew, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Toufic Sbeiti, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
What is the Web Experience Toolkit
The Web Experience Toolkit is a front-end toolkit for building Web sites and applications that are:
- Optimised for mobile
The Toolkit is an Open Source project that is led by the Government of Canada and developed by a large community of contributors from all levels of government as well as the private sector.