The Broadcasting Accessibility Fund Inc. (the Fund) is an independent and impartial funding body supporting innovative projects that provide solutions to promote the accessibility of all broadcasting content in Canada. The Fund supports projects that provide practical solutions to increase accessibility to broadcasting content and that, whenever possible, make use of inclusive design principles to promote accessibility at the earliest stages and in the most cost-effective manner for new technologies and applications in Canada.
The BAF needed a high level of Accessibility compliance for addressing its target audience. They chose OpenConcept for our expertise in the field of accessibility, and included a budget for testing with users with disabilities. The website features both English (ASL) and Quebec French (LSQ) sign language videos on each piece of content.
Key services provided by OpenConcept to BAF on this project include:
- Drupal 7 consulting;
- Design and Theming: designed and developed a responsive, bilingual and accessible theme that complies with AODA-WCAG 2.0 requirements level AA. The website features both English (ASL) and Quebec French (LSQ) sign language videos on each piece of content.;
- Multilingual and Responsive Development: developed front-end in French and English and back-end interface in English only using Entity Translation module to ensure search results lists, views and references stay identical in both interfaces. English (ASL) and Quebec French (LSQ) sign language videos were implemented as language options for better usability;
- Website Support and Maintenance (ongoing);
- Web accessibility consulting and training for compliance with AODA-WCAG 2.0 requirements;
- Accessibility Statement Writing;
- Testing with users with disabilities;
- Content Maintainer Training and Documentation;
- Social media integration; and,
- Testing and quality assurance.